Thanks entirely to reader contributions, I’ve published a guide to caring for bonsai in winter.
Early snowfall (photo courtesy Jeff in Minnesota)
- Tropical bonsai winter care
- Plant hardiness
- Preparing bonsai for winter storage
- Winter storage strategies
- Spring care: removing trees from winter storage
- Winter routines from around North America
- Helpful links
I’ve tried to make the guide as complete as possible, but if you have more to say on the topic, let me know in the comments below and I’ll make updates as appropriate.
A big THANK YOU to everyone who contributed suggestions and photos. I’m amazed and impressed by your creativity and passion for growing bonsai in cold climates, and I’m looking forward to thanking you in person as soon as we get the chance!
You can check out the guide at the link below:
Subscribe to Bonsai Tonight
New Posts Delivered Every Tuesday and Friday