This fall’s Pacific Bonsai Expo is coming together quickly. As a result, all of us working behind the scenes wanted to share some updates so here we go!
Volunteer signups are online now
If you’d like to help set-up the exhibit or make sure things run smoothly when the Expo opens to the public, we’d appreciate the help! You can sign up online at the PBE Volunteer Signup Page.
Event Tickets, Banquet Tickets, and T-Shirts are available for purchase
If you plan to attend the Expo, we highly recommend getting tickets ahead of time in case they sell out. While the venue has great capacity, interest in the event has been high and ticket prices will go up in the coming weeks so now’s a great time to secure your spot at the show!
If you’re still deciding which day to visit, we recommend coming Sunday to avoid the Saturday morning crunch. Plus, we have some great programs lined up for Sunday morning and afternoon (more on that later).
And if you want to meet the exhibitors and connect with bonsai friends from around the country over food and drinks, you’re invited to attend the Saturday evening Awards Banquet. We’ll be announcing the winning entries at the banquet so join us for dinner if you want to see who will bring home a trophy!
Event tickets, banquet tickets, and t-shirts are available at the Pacific Bonsai Expo Ticket Page.
PBE Vendor List Announced!
We’ve announced the vendor list for the event and we couldn’t be happier about it! Here’s the current list of traders who are planning to vend at the Expo.
- Adam Toth
- Austin Heitzman Furniture (OR), Austin Heitzman: stands, jita
- Bonchi Bonsai (CA), Matthew Walker: bonsai
- Bonsaify LLC (CA) Eric and Dory Schrader: bonsai, containers
- Bonsai Tonight LLC (CA), Jonas Dupuich, CA: bonsai, tools, books
- Carmen’s Nursery (CA), Nancy Schramm: pre-bonsai and accent material
- Crataegus Bonsai (OR), Michael Hagedorn: bonsai publications
- Dennis Vojtilla (OR): bonsai
- Drew Tucker (CA): bonsai, containers
- Earthwares Bonsai and Kusamono (OR), Vicky Chamberlain: handmade ceramic containers
- Frank’s Custom Jewelry (OH), Frank Mihalic: bonsai-inspired jewelry
- International Bonsai (NY), William N. Valavanis: bonsai, bonsai publications
- International Bonsai Mirai LLC (OR), Ryan Neil: bonsai, containers, stands
- Jay McDonald (CA): bonsai
- Ki Bonsai Art (CA), Paul Stephan: handmade ceramic containers
- Kyodai Bonsai (OR), Tri Nguyen: bonsai, containers
- Left Coast Bonsai (OR), John Eads: bonsai, pre-bonsai
- Lotus Bonsai Nursery & Gardens (CA), Scott Chadd and Bolet Salvador, bonsai, containers
- Mendocino Coast Bonsai (CA), Bob Shimon: bonsai, containers
- Mikel Edwards (CA): handmade ceramics
- Peter Tea Bonsai, (CA), Peter Tea: bonsai
- Rakuyo Bonsai (OR), Andrew Robson: bonsai
- Reel Bonsai (OR), Matt Reel: bonsai
- Randy Knight (OR): bonsai
- Rough Cut Pottery (CA), Robert Potts: handmade ceramic containers
- Sansokuu Arts (OR), Mary J. Lai: handmade ceramic containers
- Tim Burke (CA): bonsai
- Tokutake Bonsai (OR), Nao Tokutake: handmade ceramic containers
We’ll be announcing the full weekend schedule for the event in the coming weeks. We’re planning a few programs and will share the news when the details are in place.
We’ll also be pre-selling exhibit catalogs. Stay tuned for details.
A Big Thank You
Our progress to date would not be possible without the contributions of a growing cast of committee members. Thanks to everyone on the Volunteer Committee, the Book Committee, the Facilities Committee, the Photography Committee, the Scoring Committee, and everyone else who has been contributing to the effort!
We also want to thank our generous supporters who have contributed donations, sponsorships, and award sponsorships. We’re making great progress toward our goals but there’s still a ways to go so feel to contribute if you’d like to support the cause. Additional sponsorships, including award sponsorships are still available. Learn more about Expo Donations and Sponsorships.
Finally, if you want to hear more about what we’ve been up to, check out the recent episode of the Bonsai Wire Podcast in which host Andrew Robson interviews Eric Shrader and me about all things Expo. Listen at the Bonsai Wire Podcast.
Corkbark black pine at the Bridge Yard
Subscribe to Bonsai Tonight
New Posts Delivered Every Tuesday and Friday